Zortrax presents the newest update to its original Z-SUITE software. Starting today, it supports external printing material profiles. This will give users of Zortrax M200 and Zortrax M300 3D printers more freedom in experimenting with materials outside of the Zortrax ecosystem.
Thus far, users of Zortrax M200 and Zortrax M300 3D printers were limited to original printing materials provided by the company. An integrated 3D printing environment made up of proprietary solutions (3D printers, software, and printing materials) is one of the factors which guarantee reliable hardware and the high quality and repeatability of models. This solution may be enough for many users as it provides for simple 3D printer operation, but creative communities have been asking for the option to experiment with materials beyond the Zortrax range.
Z-SUITE allows the settings which the 3D printer understands to be entered easily and intuitively from a computer. User settings control such things as model fill level, dividing the object to print in multiple parts, changing its size and setting on the device platform and adjusting printing speed. The software also has settings relating to the selection of material used to print the 3D model. This is very important, because the software uses this information to adjust the operating temperature of the device, correlating it with material properties to ensure top printing quality.
We received signals from users who wanted the option to experiment with external printing materials not in our current range. The newest software update is the response to these signals. It opens us to completely new target groups. But please keep in mind that the only way to ensure top quality and hardware reliability of our solutions is by using Zortrax materials,” says Rafał Tomasiak, CEO Zortrax S.A.
Zortrax currently offers seven types of printing materials:
- Z-ABS for printing concept models, mock-ups, gadgets, or figures – available in 11 colours.
- Z-PCABS is extremely durable and resistant to high temperatures. It is best used for printing items such as casings, moving parts, or structural elements. It is available in Ivory.
- Z-PETG ensures models have a shiny surface resistant to mechanical damage, time, and light. It is also highly resistant to salts, acids, bases, and solvents. It is available in grey and black.
- Z-ULTRAT is an original Zortrax polymer with increased resistance to external factors, and which allows for further mechanical processing. Available in 22 colours.
- Z-GLASS is a light-transmitting material for printing items with transparent surfaces which imitate glass or plastic.
- Z-HIPS considerably reduces the risk of deformation and the time required for model processing. Its unique structure absorbs light and reduces visible imperfections. Available in 7 colours.
- Z-ESD is resistant to electrostatic discharge and is perfect for printing objects such as electronics casings. Available in black.
The Zortax R&D department is constantly working to add new materials to its range in response to market and consumer expectations. You can download the Z-SUITE 1.10 update at www.zortrax.pl.