Zortrax S.A. with headquarters at Lubelska 34, 10-409, Olsztyn, Poland (further referred to as “Zortrax”) recognizes the utmost importance of privacy protection and personal data security. The purpose of this document is to inform on good practices and policies implemented by Zortrax in managing personal data submitted by users via our website and/or electronic services.
What kind of users’ data Zortrax collects and for how long this data is stored?
Zortrax can collect and store the following data concerning its users:
Data Submitted Directly by Users
Users can submit data that allows for their identification by using Zortrax services, filling in forms or questionnaires available on our website (registration forms being one of the examples), taking part in competitions or promotions, interacting with Zortrax through by phone, email, or any other means of communication, as well as through using Zortrax’s customer support.
The submitted data falls into one or more of the following categories:
- Mandatory data, necessary to register for services available through Zortrax’s website or other services provided by Zortrax.
- Photos (by posting those at our forums for example).
- Records of all kinds of correspondence between users and Zortrax.
- Detailed information on users’ visiting our website and using resources available on there.
- Responses provided in all kinds of questionnaires. Those can be used for analyses, particularly the ones on users’s behavior.
- Information Zortrax may require while submitting issues with its products and/or services, as well as while contacting its customer support
- Geolocation data, if a user has consented to collecting and processing of it.
- In case of registering a user through social media, Zortrax will have access to some of user’s personal data (like name, profile picture, email, number of friend on Facebook etc), posted on his or her profile in accordance with terms and conditions of a given social media platform.
Data Gathered Automatically
In regard to users’ visits on our website, Zortrax can gather, in accordance with relevant legal regulations and only upon users’ explicit consent, data on users’ devices and/or networks used by them to access Zortrax’s services. It may include data falling into the following categories: an IP address, login data, type and version of the web browser, kind and number of installed plus-ins used by the web browser, platform and operating system, advertising ID, visiting statistics including the URL of the website where the link to the Zortrax website has been clicked on, browsed and searched for products and/or services, downloading data errors, time-spans of activity at all visited webpages in Zortrax domain, interaction with other websites and all phone numbers used to contact Zortrax tech support. Zortrax obtains this data with various technologies, including cookies. Specific terms and conditions regulating the usage of cookies are to be found in Zortrax policy on cookies.
Storing the Data
Except for categories of personal data specifically mentioned in the following paragraphs, users’ personal data is stored for the entire duration of their relationship with Zortrax. This period extends for further:
- 5 years since the last time a user has visited Zortrax website, if his or her account has not been closed down
- 1 year since the above-mentioned account has been closed down
The following categories of personal data can be stored for various periods:
- Billing information (for example data on payments, returns and so un) is stored for the period required in relevant tax and accounting regulations.
In case of the user’s account blockage or suspension, his or her personal data will be stored for the period of 1 year to prevent his or her circumventing our services’ terms and conditions.
How Zortrax Uses the Data Collected from Users?
Zortrax uses the data collected from its users for the following purposes:
- To fulfill its obligations arising from all kinds of agreements with users and to provide them all the information as to ordered products and/or services. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations.
- To inform users on available products and/or services via email, text messages, and/or other means of communication. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contactual obligations and is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent.
- To receive users’ payments or to issue to them payments previously received by Zortrax on users’ behalf. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations.
- To enable users to personalize their profiles on Zortrax’s website. Processing of such data is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent.
- To send users, in compliance with laws and regulations in force and, when necessary, upon users’ explicit consent, marketing materials and information necessary to improve delivery of ordered products and/or services, as well as suggestions regarding other products and services that may be of interest for users. Moreover, Zortrax use users’ data to send them personalized ads in social media. Detailed information on operation of such services and kinds of data they collect from users is available on relevant webpages of a given social media platform. Processing of such data is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent and the existence of Zortrax’s justified cause for processing it.
- To provide users with information on changes in Zortrax’s products and/or services. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations, to comply with relevant laws and regulations, and to act upon or protect any legal claims that may arise during users’ relationship with Zortrax.
- To properly manage Zortrax’s website and and internal activities such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and conducting research, analytic, and supervisory projects. Processing of such data is conditional on the existence of Zortrax’s justified cause for processing it (for example to guarantee security of Zortrax’s platforms and their improvement).
- To improve Zortrax website and guarantee the content published on there is always presented in the best possible way for users and their devices. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations, and/or is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent.
- To enable users’ use of interactive features in Zortrax’s services, if they wish to use those features. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations and/or is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent.
- To ensure security of Zortrax’s website. Processing of such data is conditional on the existence of Zortrax’s justified cause for processing it, necessary to act upon or protect any legal claims that may arise during users’ relationship with Zortrax, and to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- To conduct measurements and activities aimed at evaluating the effectiveness of advertisements sent to users or third parties, and to deliver personalized ads to users. Processing of such data is conditional on the existence of Zortrax’s justified cause for processing it and/or on the users’ explicit consent.
Who are the recipients of data collected from Zortrax’s users and why it is available to those recipients?
When users use Zortrax’s services, some of their personal data is made available to members of Zortrax’s community, for example through users’ public profiles.
Moreover, Zortrax works closely with third party entities, who can be users’ personal data recipients such as:
- Zortrax’s business partners like resellers, who can offer related services to users.
- Zortrax’s vendors in technical matters, payment processing, identity verification, as well as products and/or services delivery.
Zortrax makes data collected from users, including personal data, available to any of the above-mentioned third-party entities only if this is necessary:
- To enable the use of services provided by the third-party entity,
- To fulfill contractual obligations
- To simplify the delivery of Zortrax’s services or to extend the scope of those services.
Zortrax uses third party services for analytics and search engines optimization.
It is assumed that by signing up for Zortrax’s services users’ give their consent for their data to be used by the above-mentioned third-party entities.
Zortrax may disclose users’ personal data upon request from authorities or the court of law in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, or upon a bona fide belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Fend off any legal claims brought against Zortrax in the court of law.
- Provide evidence in an ongoing legal investigation
- Remove an imminent threat that may cause a human death or injury
- Protect rights, property and security of Zortrax, its users, or third parties.
Personalized ads delivered through social media, email, and text messages.
In compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and when necessary, upon users’ explicit consent, Zortrax can use the data submitted via its platforms for the purpose of direct marketing through electronic means of communication which may include, but is not limited to:
- Sending newsletters, invitations for Zortrax-organized events or other messages that according to Zortrax may be of interest for users;
- Delivering personalized ads through social media platforms or third party websites.
In regard to marketing messages sent through the electronic means of communication, users can withdraw their consent for receiving such messages by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe button present in every message sent by Zortrax to its users;
Targeted ads and materials:
- On social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter, users can opt out of receiving the above-mentioned ads and materials by changing the appropriate account settings at a given social media platform.
- To opt out of receiving ads on third party websites, please follow the instructions included in Zortrax’s Cookies Policy.
Access to Users’ Data by Third Party Entities
All users’ personal data are stored within the European Union. Considering that Zortrax operates at an international scale, it does grant access to its users’ personal data to third party entities based in non-EU countries where regulations on handling personal data may by less rigorous that those in force in the user’s place of residence.
It may be the case when a third party entity providing data processing services for Zortrax has its headquarters in a non-EU country that does not have the appropriate legal protections for users’ personal data in place. Such service provider responsible for users’ data processing may take part in delivering services ordered by users, processing their billing information, delivering advertising and marketing services on behalf of Zortrax, and/or delivering support services through electronic means of communication.
The above applies to making users’ data available to corporate entities based in based outside of the EU for the purpose of delivering relevant services in their respective countries.
To obtain detailed information on data security measures in place at Zortrax, please use the contact forms available below.
Users’ Rights on Personal Data
If regulated by laws in force, users may have a right to obtain copies of their personal data stored at Zortrax. Before responding to a written request for such a copy, Zortrax may ask users for’:
- Identity verification;
- Additional information necessary to process the request.
Zortrax is committed to resolving the above-mentioned requests in a timely manner, within a period required by relevant laws and regulations. To act upon this right, users need to contact Zortrax using the contact forms available below.
Users have a right to access, correct, modify or remove their inaccurate personal data. Users can also update or remove their personal data by using the contact forms available below. Users can remove their accounts at any time and object to any further processing of their personal data by Zortrax.
In some cases, Zortrax can keep some of users’ data, if it is required by law, or if there is a justified cause for doing so. For example, when Zortrax has reasons to believe a user has committed a fraud or violated terms and conditions, it can keep some users’ data to prevent further violations.
Users have a full right to file a complaint to relevant authorities, or take their case to the court of law whenever they believe their rights have been violated.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Links to External Websites and Social Media
Zortrax can include links to external websites belonging to its partnership networks, advertisers, or subsidiary corporate entities. In case of using links to external websites, users should bear in mind they are bound by privacies policies in place at those respective websites. Zortrax holds no responsibility for users’ data collected, stored and/or processed by third party entities. It is advised to read relevant privacy policies at any website before submitting personal data there.